Childhood Diseases

Question
Posted by: momtoefe | 2009-03-06

Q.

household harzards

Hi,

i saw my 16month old toddler sucking on a finger battery a few minutes ago,pls i' ll like to know how dangerous this is and the damage it may cause to her body.

Thanks

Expert's Reply

A.

Paediatrician

I am not familiar with finger batteries so do not know what they contain. Many batteries contain mercury or other toxic chemicals such as lithium.It would be best to take her to be seen at your nearest emergency facility just to be on the safe side.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

1
user comments

C.

Posted by: Annies | 2009-03-06

It it didn' t leak any acid it would be ok.

Reply to Annies

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.