Do you belong to the silent tribe of insomniacs who toss and turn at night?
If counting sheep does not do it for you, you might want to consider natural remedies before resorting to sleeping tablets.
- Take a daily dose of 5HTP and magnesium;
- invest in the following sleep-inducing herbs: zizyphus, valerian, lavender, German chamomile, passion flower, oats and ginseng;
- the homeopathic remedy belladonna will help with general insomnia and cocculus takes the yawn out of jet lag and interrupted sleep patterns;
- take a warm aromatherapy bath 30 minutes before going to bed by adding one or two drops of - the following essential oils to your bath water: chamomile, hops, lavender, mandarin, majoram, neroli, sandalwood or ylang-ylang;
- take up meditation or yoga; or consult an acupuncturist.
Are you sleep-deprived? Do this quiz.