It is important to store your medicines properly. Guidelines for proper storage include:
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Keep medicines in their original containers.
- Store away from heat and direct light.
- Do not store capsules or tablets in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down. Also, do not leave the cotton plug in a medicine container that has been opened, since it may draw moisture into the container.
- Keep liquid medicines from freezing.
- Do not store medicines in the refrigerator unless directed to do so.
- Do not leave your medicines in an automobile for long periods of time.
- Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine that is no longer needed. Be sure that any discarded medicine is out of the reach of children.