There she is, your co-worker, the one who sits opposite you at work; she has 3 children, and to judge from her conversation, she is also a very hands-on wife.
With her busy schedule, you always wonder how she manages to keep her legs looking so healthy. She never complains about tired legs after a long day and she never experiences any swelling!
We all have that one person in our lives who makes you want to cover up your swollen legs and keep mum about the pain you experience in your legs and feet after a long day at work.
Experiencing, heavy, painful, tired and swollen legs can be genetic, and sometimes it can be due to standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time or being obese. Improving the health of your legs can help improve your symptoms.
Here are 5 steps to healthy legs:
1. Get active: Regular exercise is great for leg health! Walking is an excellent way to tone the leg muscles, reduce body fat and improve circulation. Swimming and Yoga are also great activities for improving leg circulation.
2. Keep your weight down: Fast foods and sweet treats are not harmful if eaten in moderation, but if consumed too regularly, it can lead to obesity. Carrying too much weight can lead to varicose veins on the legs which can cause a lot of pain. Manage your weight by eating regular balanced meals, getting enough fibre and water.
3. Practice sitting and standing exercises: If a large part of your day involves sitting or standing for extended periods make sure you flex and extend your legs, feet and ankles regularly. These activities will get your blood flowing and can help avoid circulation problems which can lead to swollen legs and feet.
4. Avoid wearing restrictive clothing: Wearing clothes that are too tight can hamper circulation. Make sure that you buy clothes that are the correct size and not a size or two too small; this especially applies too items such as leggings and skinny jeans.
5. Showering legs with cold water: Cold water can help to improve the circulation and tone of your legs. After a heavy training session, athletes often submerge their limbs in icy water to reduce swelling and ease soreness.
If you are already suffering from heavy, painful, tired and swollen legs, it is important that you start supporting and managing the symptoms now.
The active ingredients in the Venavine® range can assist to support your legs by providing relief from tired, achy or swollen legs while also strengthening and protecting veins.*
*Consult your medical practitioner for a diagnosis or if symptoms persist. Efficacy of support may vary depending on the user.
Alleviate tired, painful legs with Venavine®
Could dark chocolate help ease poor leg circulation?