Hearing management

Posted by: hester terblanche | 2010/08/20



can pressure in ear be fixed if abnormal

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Hi Hester

If the pressure you are referring to is the pressure built up in the cochlea and vestibular area leading to vertigo, which is often a symptom of Meniere's Disease, this can be treated with the necessary medication. An ENT specialist will prescribe if needed.

Pressure in the middle ear, which often accompanies a middle ear infection and can also result in Vertigo is usually treated with antibiotics, decongestants or the insertion of a myringotomy tube into the ear drum, depending on the symptoms and the stage of the infection.

For both conditions it is advised you see an ENT Specialist. You can contact me on debbiep@widex.co.za or through the Widex office at 0866965740 if you are needing a referral.

Kind regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.