There she is your BFF, the girl sitting next to you at the restaurant, the co-worker proudly flaunting her full and lush head of hair. She can wear any hairstyle her heart desires and her hair always looks photo ready.
We all have that one person in our lives whose thick, gorgeous hair makes you want to wear a hat all day, every day. Some people are born with desirable hair, and others need to create the illusion that their hair is just as thick.
“Thin hair can be genetic, and sometimes thinning hair can be the result of hair-shedding, brought on by outside factors such as stress, illness, diet, and certain medicines,” says Maameya Dankwa, Brand Manager of Vigro®. “When it comes to hair shedding the active ingredients in the Vigro® 3-step system can help restore your hair to its previous state, and while the 3-step system is taking effect, there are ways to create the illusion of thicker, fuller hair.”
5 tips on how to make your hair look thicker:
1. Cut heavy bangs: by adding this extra hair against your face, your hair will look thicker than it is. Take it a step further, and colour the under-layer of the fringe two shades darker and your bangs will look thicker.
2. Outward facing waves: when you create waves during styling, have them face outwards instead of towards your face as this will give your hair the extra-volume you are looking for.
3. Love the curl: if you are sporting a short/medium hair style, think about adding some bounce with a curl. Gone are the days of the frizzy perm, but by adding a few large rollers to your hair styling regime you can create a fuller look.
4. Don’t grow your hair too long: with shorter hair it is easier to create volume, whereas long hair can weigh down your hair and lose any volume you are trying to create.
5. Blow-dry your hair correctly: how you blow-dry your hair impacts the way your hair is styled. Flip your hair forward and dry the underneath of your hair until it is no longer damp. Flip it back over and blow dry in sections with a large round brush to create volume.
“As these tips are only a temporary solution it is important to get a handle on the cause of your thinning hair,” says Dankwa.
The active ingredients in the Vigro®3-Step System can assist the scalp with non-genetic hair thinning by cleaning and opening the hair shaft preparing the scalp for penetration of the actives, as well as assisting hair follicles to reduce hair thinning through the active ingredient Follicusan™ (topical products).
* The Vigro® 3-Step System also provides a combination of vitamins and minerals needed for healthy hair growth.*
* Efficacy of support may vary between users. Consult a medical practitioner for a diagnosis or if symptoms persist. Use as indicated. Vigro®3-Step System is not indicated for genetic hair loss.