Cancer has been around since the beginning of time. Despite this, scientists are working around the clock to find suitable and effective ways to combat cancer. Health24 brings you news from the forefront of cancer treatment and care.
Below you’ll find articles on what’s new in the world of cancer research. You never know when this might come in handy:
- Find out how new drugs can shrink tumours, or even prevent them from spreading.
- Got kidney cancer? The good news is that research programmes show that survival rates for this condition have increased by almost 50%.
- There’s been a revolution in the treatment of specific blood cancers. Find out how taking a pill could increase your chances of survival.
- Nowadays, a brain tumour does not necessarily mean depression, fatigue and/or loss of ability. Find out how sleep meds are improving the quality of life for brain tumour patients.
- Find out here how a drug, known as Herceptin, can boost survival rates in women who have stage-4 breast cancer.
- A new breast scan used to detect cancer may reduce the need for biopsies. Find out more here.
- Studies have proved that fewer, stronger treatments of radiation for breast cancer patients are both effective and cost-effective.
- Leukaemia patients now have an alternative if their bodies have developed a resistance or intolerance to routine meds.
- Cancer treatment is expensive. Even the experts say so, and agree that it is time to find a way to reduce the costs.
Keep your eyes on Health24's Cancer Condition Centre to keep yourself up-to-date with the latest cancer-related news.
(Health24, June 2006)