Juvenile arthritis

Helping kids fight arthritis

A high school counsellor and a paediatric rheumatologist, Dr Chris Scott, have joined forces to raise funds for children facing life-threatening forms of juvenile arthritis.

JA and children

Whatever the physical complications of juvenile arthritis (JA), the psychological issues are more likely to affect the lives of you and your family.

JA and young adults

Young adults with juvenile arthritis (JA)are subject to the same anxieties and concerns as young people everywhere.

JA and diet

All children need proper nutrition; those with juvenile arthritis (JA) need it more than most.

Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis

Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JA) is a chronic condition that causes inflammation in one or more joints, and begins before the age of 16.

JA and educators

As an educator or caregiver you’ll benefit greatly from understanding what juvenile arthritis (JA) is if you have a JA sufferer under your care.

JA and teens

Having a child with a chronic illness such as juvenile arthritis (JA) can be emotionally draining, and physically taxing.

JA and exercise

Exercise is particularly good for juvenile arthritis (JA). It keeps the joints mobile, the muscles strong, improves general fitness and endurance.

load more

Ask the Expert

Arthritis expert

Professor Asgar Ali Kalla completed his MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree in 1975 at the University of Cape Town and his FRCP in 2003 in London. Professor Ali Kalla is the Isaac Albow Chair of Rheumatology at the University of Cape Town and also the Head of Division of Rheumatology at Groote Schuur Hospital. He has participated in a number of clinical trials for rheumatology and is active in community outreach. Prof Ali Kalla is an expert in Arthritis for Health24.
This forum will be closed until 5 January 2015.

Still have a question?

Get free advice from our panel of experts

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

* You must accept our condition

Forum Rules