Updated 23 June 2014

What kind of training do rheumatologists have?

In South Africa, rheumatologists must first complete an MB ChB (six years followed by an internship of two years), then four years specializing to be a general physician.

Read Health24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Still have a question?

Get free advice from our panel of experts

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

* You must accept our condition

Forum Rules