Researchers from the University of Cape Town are investigating the effect of a protein sports drink on recovery from hard efforts (includes a free VO2 max test to start off the year!)
What type of subjects are they looking for?
- 22 injury-free and healthy male long-distance runners between ages 18 and 45
- Runners who have completed on average of at least 60km a week for the last 3 months
What will be required of you?
- Two initial lab sessions: VO2 max test and protocol familiarisation session
- Three experimental lab sessions:
- Sub-maximal running test
- Three 30m sprints
- 5000m treadmill time trial
- A 5ml blood sample for analysis
- Questionnaires on recovery
What are the benefits?
- Full results from your VO2 max test, peak running speed, max HR, etc
- Information on your recovery from hard efforts and whether the supplement helps you recover
- An opportunity to “sharpen” your running fitness
Who is conducting this research?
- UCT/MRC Research Unit for Exercise Science and Sports Medicine
- At the Sports Science Institute of South Africa, Boundary Rd, Newlands
- Department of Human Biology, Faculty of Health Science, University of Cape Town
Who should you contact?
Ben Capostagno via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 082 562 8419
PLEASE APPLY BEFORE 31 JANUARY 2009