UCT/ MRC Research Unit for Exercise Science and SISSA need cyclists to study the effects of moderate altitude on several physiological variables and perceptual responses.
- Only cyclists required.
- Small blood sample (one drop) will be collected.
- Recruits need to be able to attend 7 testing sessions
- 1 test session at the Sports Science Institute of SA, Boundary Road, Newlands.
- 6 testing sessions at Tygerberg Hospital, Bellville.
Benefits to recruits
- 6 high intensity tests and 1 incremental (VO2 max) test
- Weight, height and skinfold (body composition) measurements
- A full data report of your results to assist you/your coach to determine an individualised training programme.
- Petrol money will be available for Tygerberg tests.