“People who don’t wash get spots.” You will have heard that before, but it is not that straightforward. Hormones primarily cause acne, and even the cleanest people get acne.
That said, a conscientious, daily skincare routine − using cleansing and care products specially formulated to meet the needs of your skin − will help to reduce pimples and keep your blemish-prone skin under control.
A regular skincare routine using products specially formulated for your skin is a good way to take care of your blemish- or acne-prone skin.
If your skin is blemished or acne-prone, it will benefit from cleansing and skincare products that have been specially formulated to suit its needs.
Look out for the following properties on pack:
• Soap free – Healthy skin naturally has a mild measure of acidity, and blemish prone skin tends to neutralise acids. Using soap upsets the skin's natural balance, so look for that "soap-free" property on cleansing and care products.
• Non comedogenic – Opt for products with ingredients that are unlikely to clog pores and lead to blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
• Non-greasy – The glands of blemish- and acne-prone skin already produce too much natural oil, so avoid greasy products.
Every product in the Eucerin DermoPURIFIYER range has been specially formulated for blemish- and acne-prone skin. Salicylic acid is a key ingredient in several formulas used in the Eucerin DermoPURIFIYER range, and it is effective at fighting bacterial growth.
Beta Hydroxy Acid helps with the following:
• Removes dead skin cells
• Prevents and opens up clogged pores
• Prevents and reduces blemishes
Give cleansing a try. The great part about it is that you only have to do it twice a day using lukewarm water – in the morning to remove that excess oil and dead skin cells, and in the evening to rid your skin of the day’s dirt and renew your skin overnight.
Blemish prone skin requires moisturisation to help strengthen the skin’s natural protective barrier, but you will want to use a product that is non-greasy. If you have mild to moderate blemishes, and are not undergoing medical acne treatment, choose a soothing and mattifying moisturiser such as Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Mattifying Fluid.
If you are undergoing medical treatment, we do not recommend you use skin peels. Your skin may be experiencing side effects such as intense dryness and will benefit from special care. Try Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Adjunctive Soothing Cream, which, if you are using a topical treatment, should be applied five minutes afterwards to allow the treatment to fully absorb.
What can I do to reduce remove acne marks?
Discover treatments that can help reduce acne