About ADHD


ADHD may only appear in early adulthood

Looking at long-term data from 2,200 British twins, researchers found that close to 70 percent of those diagnosed with ADHD as young adults did not have the disorder when they were children.

ADHD linked to bullying

Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are almost four times as likely as other children to be bullies, researchers say.

ADHD rising among older children

A growing number of older US children are being diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, while diagnoses among younger children have held steady.

ADHD pills taken by families

Taking attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drugs seems to be a family affair, according to a new study.

ADHD linked to criminal behaviour

Children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are more likely than other children to engage in criminal activity when they grow older, a new study has found.

Half of ADHD from social factors

Nearly half of serious cases of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children are closely tied to social factors such as single parenting and poor maternal education.

ADHD kids up divorce risk

Parents of children with ADHD may be more likely than other parents to divorce before their child's eighth birthday, a new study suggests.

Divorce ups Ritalin use

Children of divorced parents are nearly twice as likely as other children to be prescribed Ritalin, according to a new study.

load more

Ask the Expert

ADHD Expert

Delia Strondl is a Registered Career Counsellor focusing on both school readiness and career counselling. She achieved her honours in Psychology and completed a career counselling internship. Since then, she has been working with children with a variety of learning difficulties including ADHD and Cerebral Palsy. Read more obesity and diabetes societies and runs a trial centre for new drugs.

Still have a question?

Get free advice from our panel of experts

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

* You must accept our condition

Forum Rules