Highlighting how childbirth education enables you to make informed choices about what’s best for you and your baby.
During Pregnancy Education Week, childbirth educators, Bio-Oil and hospitals around the country are teaming up to offer various talks and pregnancy-related activities.
“We strongly recommend childbirth education,” says Lauren Macnab of Bio-Oil, official partner for Pregnancy Education Week. “It allows parents to make informed choices and gives expectant parents invaluable confidence and reassurance.”
Six good reasons to attend childbirth education classes:
1) Expertise – educators are experienced nursing sisters and midwives who have chosen to specialise in childbirth education because they passionately believe in it.
2) Knowledge – you learn about ALL the childbirth options available to you, and the pros and cons of each.
3) Tools – you’ll be given practical tips and techniques - such as breathing, relaxation, positions, massage and visualisation - that can help you have an easier birth.
4) Confidence – you and your partner will feel more confident knowing what to expect and how to manage it.
5) Be prepared – you’ll be taught about all aspects of pregnancy and birth, from stretch marks to caring for your newborn.
6) Connections – you’ll meet other expectant parents from your area. Lifelong friendships can be formed.
To find a childbirth educator in your area and for more information on childbirth education and Pregnancy Education Week events: