There's only one day on the calendar given over to romance – St Valentine's Day.
- Be on time – there is nothing that scuttles a date quite like making your date wait for you
- Make sure you are dressed correctly for the place you're going to
- It's always reassuring to phone and confirm – this way your date also can’t pretend to have forgotten'
- Make sure that your car is clean, in good working order and full of petrol for the evening
- Take enough cash – restaurant dinners can be expensive
- Ask about the other person and listen carefully to what they say
- Don't forget the wonderful role humour can play in lightening the mood of the evening
- Don't discuss previous partners.
10 don'ts for Valentine's Day