Moving house can be hell, not to mention expensive. But sellers aren’t necessarily willing to give you the best deal in town.
They can hide things, like structural flaws, or bug problems that might be detrimental to both your health, and your pocket. Be sure to know what you’re getting into before putting pen to paper.
- Get in a building engineer to check out the structure
- Check up on rising damp is a scourge in older houses
- Shifting foundations can sometimes be hidden well by sellers
- A cockroach infestation can be impossible to cure
- Plumbing problems, faulty floors, a wrecked roof, or bad wiring are factors that must be avoided.
If it looks really bad, just say no!
Healthy homeFor sale: 12 home disasters