We live in a country where the crime-rate is high and horror stories are on many newspaper front pages.
Implementing safety at home should be discussed with the child at their level of understanding.
- Driving around with a wallet or a briefcase on the passenger seat is inviting a smash-and-grab incident, put it out of sight
- Whether you're in your car or not, always keep the doors locked and windows closed
- Invest in armed response, a sign in front of your house naming your alarm company and armed response company will put off many a prospective burglar
- Be aware of your surroundings, get into the habit of checking who is in your vicinity when you are walking in the street
- Avoid wearing expensive jewellery when in public places, it will only make you a target of muggers
- Learn how to defend yourself.
Safety in schools
Safety on public transport