Most people don't intentionally drive when they're feeling sleepy. But once behind the wheel, fatigue, lack of sleep, or certain medications may take over.
Learn to recognise the warning signs. You may be too drowsy to continue driving if you:
- Can't remember the last few kilometres you've driven.
- Drift from your lane or hit a rumble strip.
- Experience wandering or disconnected thoughts.
- Yawn repeatedly.
- Have difficulty focusing or keeping your eyes open.
- Tailgate or miss traffic signs.
- Have trouble keeping your head up.
- Keep jerking your vehicle back into the lane.
If you have any of these signs, find a safe spot and pull over. A 20-minute nap could save your life.