advertisement
Updated 14 June 2013

Man survives saw in his stomach

A Brazilian farmer narrowly escaped death after a gruelling two-hour operation to remove a circular power saw from his stomach.

10

A Brazilian farmer has his wife to thank for saving his life after he narrowly escaped death when his a circular power saw slipped and got lodged in his stomach.

According to Sky News the saw was lodged 10cm into his stomach. It apparently slipped and sliced through his abdomen while he was sawing wood at his home.

has survived after being taken to hospital with a circular power saw lodged 10cm into his stomach.

Gregory Steinmedc was rushed to the nearest hospital, 30 miles away by his wife Frida, who fortunately knew enough first aid to stop the bleeding, which doctors later said had likely saved his life.

The surgery took about two hours and was made more difficult by the fact that Steinmedc had a previously transplanted kidney. The saw had narrowly missed many of his vital organs.

He is now recovering in hospital from his ordeal.

 
 

More:

ManNews
advertisement

Get a quote

advertisement

Read Health24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
10 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Live healthier

Medical bills »

GP and money Cut medical bills Medical savings account

Medical scheme: what is a self-payment gap?

Have you exhausted your day-to-day benefits and moved into your self-payment gap? Here's what it means.

Allergy alert »

Allergy myths Cold or allergy? Children and allergies

Allergy facts vs. fiction

Some of the greatest allergy myths and misconceptions can actually be damaging to your health.