advertisement

Hazards and disasters

Radon is a silent killer. Could it be in your home?

Radon is a dangerous radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer. It has no smell, colour or taste and it can seep into your home from the ground, via water and building materials. Why is SA's government not alerting the public to the dangers and just how worried should we be? Health24 takes a closer look.

Paraffin lamps high carbon emission

The small kerosene lamps that light millions of homes in developing countries have a dark side: black carbon – fine particles of soot released into the atmosphere.

Evolution driven by environment

A series of rapid environmental changes in East Africa roughly 2 million years ago may be responsible for driving human evolution, says researchers.

load more articles
advertisement

Live healthier

Here's some help... »

Combat childhood obesity Childhood obesity brings future health problems

3 ways to get young couch potatoes away from the screen

Are your children glued to their electronic devices? It might be time to start making some rules.

Time for a break? »

Stressful job leads to emotional burnout Work burnout tied to emotional eating

This is why you must take annual leave

Avoid burnout and use your annual leave to get some well-deserved rest. Your body and mind will thank you.