Caster Semenya's lawyers never mentioned that her medical team had proof she could run against women when they tried to enter her in an athletics meeting in Stellenbosch last week, Athletics South Africa assistant administrator Richard Stander said on Thursday.
Earlier this week the AP news agency quoted Benedict Phiri of the Dewey and Leboeuf law firm, speaking on South African television, saying that Semenya's medical team had results from gender tests proving that the world 800m champion could compete against women.
But Stander, the organiser of the Yellow Pages Series meeting in Stellenbosch, said the 19-year-old and her lawyers had not mentioned anything about test results when they attempted to enter her in the event.
Release medical results
"I had a discussion with her in Stellenbosch, but nothing was mentioned on that subject," Stander said.
"If Caster feels her medical team have results that prove that she can run, she will release that information in her own time.
"That's the kind of communication that will take place between Semenya and her doctors."
Semenya announced earlier this week that she would wait until the June deadline set by the IAAF to decide whether or not she could compete against women, but Phiri reportedly told the eNews channel that Semenya's medical team had decided in mid-February that she should be allowed to run.
IAAF results in two months
The IAAF, who have repeatedly refused to comment on the subject, told Semenya she would, however, have to wait another two months before she would be informed as to whether or not she could compete again. - (Sapa, April 2010)