You've decided to join a gym, but are bamboozled by all of the choices. How do you know which one best suits your needs?
The American Mayo Clinic suggests you visit the ones that interest you and note the following:
- Is it conveniently located? If not, you'll probably find too many excuses to avoid going.
- Make sure the facility is open during the hours you're most likely to exercise.
- Check that the equipment, locker rooms, and floors are all clean.
- How much of the equipment is in need of repair? Too many out of order signs suggest poor maintenance.
- If you're keen on classes, find out what ones are offered and on what schedule.
- Are the employees welcoming and helpful? A supportive staff can help you reach your fitness goals.
- Ask other members about their experiences at the facility.
Dropped out of gym... again?