But that doesn't mean you should stop exercising.
It does mean, however, that you should come up with strategies to keep the injuries to a minimum and playing time to the maximum.
- Start a strength-training programme, this will allow you to maintain and build muscle strength
- Add in resistance training twice a week, this will also strengthen tendons and ligaments, and boost your metabolism
- Don't get stuck in a rut. Cross train, and switch between low-impact and high-impact workouts
- Remember to stretch. This will improve your range of motion, flexibility and your exercise technique
- Seek out a soft surface on which to exercise
- Wear the right kind of shoes
- Always warm up.
3 exercises for a firm bum
Short spurts of exercise can improve kids' health