Question

Zytonil (ignore previous post #652)

Good day,

I was wondering if you could be so kind enough to provide me information about the anti depressent zytomil 10mg - for what type of depression it is used and the function of it. In general, for what type of depression is it prescribed for?

Feedback will be greatly appreciated. (my dr prescribed me this)

Zytpmil is a generic form of an antidepresant that has been in use for some time, of which the chemical name is Escitalopram. Originally marketed here as Cipralex, and not beginning to be available in several generic forms ( i.e. chemically identical but significantly cheaper ). Similarly Lexamil, Lexapro, Seroplex, and so on.
Like all other antidepressants, it is used for all varieties of depression ( the specific drug doesn't correlate usefully with the variety of depression ). Like all ADs, it won't suit everyone, but a good proportion of those who take it properly will find it useful in relieving the symptoms of depression. If the first AD tried isnt as fully effective as one needs, one may then try a different one. It generally takes up to 2 or 3 weeks for it to become clear whenther an AD is best suited to you.

17
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/13

On zytomil 10 mg for 4 days.im taking at late afternoon, having problem with sleeping. I see some comments that u need 1 or 2 weeks to start feeling better. Pl tell me your opinion.

Posted by: Zelda | 2016/06/13

I was on Lexamil 20mg for a year and was offered the Zytomil 20mg (cheaper generic at pharmacy) - they told me it is the same but I started feeling more depressed than ever after a month of using Zytomil and get very heavy headaches - what could be the problem if it is the same? I switched back to Lexamil 20mg ... or can ones body become "immune" to a pil and taht I will need something else instead?

Reply to Zelda
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/05

if you use zytomil with to much alcohol can it cause a agresive behavior and to forget what you doing at that time

Posted by: Michelle | 2016/04/25

I am on ,20mg of Zytomil morning and 200mg Trazodine for nearly 3mths and I have the appetite of a horse almost a compulsion eating I would like to get an idea of which drug is the culprit can anyone help

Reply to Michelle | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/27

That is probably the Trazodine. Trazodine can go either way, either decrease your appitite or increase it.

Posted by: yolande | 2015/11/26

Started Zytomil today, doc said I can take half a 10mg straight away, was at 3pm. Half a tab for a week. Then full tab for 3 weeks before I will notice a difference. Started feeling like I've been drinking all night....puke ....now I feel much better...

Reply to yolande
Posted by: yolande | 2015/11/26

Reply to yolande
Posted by: Diamond | 2015/11/22

I was having pannick attacks, I would wake up in the middle of the night unable to breathe and my heart would be racing. Asthma was ruled out immediately and the Dr thought I had heart problems and put me on some heart medication which did not help. I was later prescribed Zytomil and it has been life changing. The last time I went to the Dr I was suffering from the breathing episodes at least once every night. Now I have been on Xytomil for about 5 weeks and have suffered only 2 very minor breathing episodes. The only side effect I hv experienced is a lower sex drive but apart from that I am happy. My Dr eased me into the medication by making me take half a pill every day for 8 days, n then a full pill. I never had any side effects since starting the medication

Reply to Diamond
Posted by: Wessel | 2015/08/10

you must take 1/2 for the first 2 weeks once a day and 1 a day there after drink it in the morning. 10mg.

Reply to Wessel
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/02/19

My doctor perscribed me zytomil 10 mg. I asked him if it was safe while i'm pregnant and he said yes. Yet I see on their site they say not to take that medication while pregnant or breastfeeding. Should I take my zytomil?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/20

Hi,I started using Zytomil 10mg yesterday at about 1pm and last night I had a dry mouth,my heart was beating out of my chest and I felt nervous and edgy. Is this normal?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/09

How are you feeling on the Zytomil now? Are you still on it?

Posted by: Anna | 2014/04/18

Been on Zytomil 10mg for 1 1/2 weeks. First three days I felt rather more groggy than usual. After that my whole outlook on life changed and I dont exprerience susch terrible anxiety or depression. It really made a difference to my daily life.

Reply to Anna | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/09

Good day Anna Saw your post now on Zytomil. Did your doctor prescribe it for anxiety or depression. They perscribed it to me for Anxiety. I have been on it for a week now but don't feel a difference and i feel nauseous. Dr says i must stick it through. Are you still on it and how are you feeling now?

Posted by: Beverly | 2013/09/20

My husband was put on zytomil late Feb/early March 2013 and I am really worried about him. He takes 1 x 10mg a day and is completely exhausted at the end of the day. However, he falls asleep quickly (at about 9pm each night) and then is awake for several hours from about 3am onwards. When he finally falls asleep again (approxinately 5am), he cannot wake up and when he is forced awake, he is comatosed and cannot comfortable move his arms and legs. The way he describes it is that his arms and legs feel like a "dead weight". He can barely open his eyes and his head feels fuzzy. When I consulted with his GP again (the one who prescribed zytomil), I was told he needs to remain on it for at least another 3 months before he can be weaned off. I am not happy with this diagnosis. Clearly this drug is not good for my husband and it is not working. 7 months later and the doc feels that he needs to remain on it even though we have raised our concerns? My husband was put on zytomil because he has been under considerable stress for the past 3 - 5 years (job related) and was feeling that he could not cope with his day. The Doc told him that he was suffering from "mild depression" but from what I understand zytomil is given to people suffering from "major depression". Please help!

Reply to Beverly | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: LORRAINE | 2015/07/02

STARTED ON 20 MG AND THEN 30 MG AND NOW 3 AND A HALF MONTHS LATER 40 MG AND FEELING SO MUCH BETTER AND ALSO TAKE 1/2 RIVERTRIL 10 A,M, AND AT 2 P.M. ANOTHER HALF. WORKING FOR ME AT LAST. I THINK YOUR HUSBANDS DOSE IS FAR TOO LOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HOPE THIS HELPS. I WAS IN A CLINIC FOR WEEK AND THEN GRADUALLY CAME TO THE RIGHT STUFF AFTER 3+ MONTHS. HOPE THIS HELPS