Question
Posted by: Clive | 2011/06/06

zyprexa

If I took zyprexa for depression, could it cause symtoms of schitzophrenia, before it kicks in, As SSRI'' s can cause anxiety before they start to work

No, I don't see how it would causes symptoms of schizophrenia as such. Some people seem particularly sensitive to the enlivening effects o some ADs, and may feel anxious due to them, early on ; and it is possible, I suppose, that if one had some form of schizophrenia / schizo-affective disorder, mild enough not to be noticeable, some ADs might amplify some of the underlying symptoms in some way.
The only way to be sure of what might be going on would be to see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough assessment and a discussion of treatment options

1