Question
Posted by: Cuddles | 2011/06/09

Zyban vs. Paxil

Greetings, on this cold morning, Prof  -)

I am a smoker and want to stop. I read that Zyban is a good method to aid me with the withdrawal symptoms. However, I am on Paxil as well and now I am wondering if Zyban is a substitute for Paxil.... can I stop the Paxil and go on Zyban for my depression?

I also read that Zuban has less side effects like weight gain and libido probklems.... sounds like a bonus to me.

Thank you very much.

Zyban is used for helping smoking cessation, but is an antidepressant in its own right. Its not best done as a simple stop and start process, though, and would preferably best be managed by a proper psychiatrist, assessing you and advising on how to make the switch, and supervising the process. It does seem to have less libido problems.
let us know how it goes

1

let us know how it goes