Question
Posted by: Lyall | 2009/11/09

Zyban

Please can you give me more information in regards to the product zyban as i am trieng to stop smoking, but is also on an anti-depressant as well. I need to know about side-effects, whether it reacts adversely with other meds, and whether it works differently for different people. Thank you

Hallo Lyall
Zyban is bupropion which is also used as an antidepressant. It helps for some people but others experience unpleasant side effects:Dry mouth, headache, increased sweating, nausea/vomiting, constipation, anxiety, fatigue and blurred vision may occur.

You can't use it if you have epilepsy as it can cause seizures.

I read this article this morning about a study they did on smoking cessasion methods:
November 5, 2009 — The first head-to-head study of smoking cessation therapies shows that combination treatment with a nicotine patch plus lozenge almost doubles the rate of abstinence at 6 months compared with placebo, new research suggests.During treatment, the patch, bupropion plus lozenge, and patch plus lozenge were all significantly more efficacious than placebo, but at 6 months, or 4 months after the end of treatment, only the patch plus lozenge remained efficacious.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/09

Hallo Lyall

Reply to cyberdoc