Question
Posted by: Catherine | 2004/04/02

Q.

Zyban

Where can I buy Zyban? I have a prescription from my docter, but the local pharmacies are very expensive(charge R360 - R435) per course. I will be in PTA for an operation on Monday, where can I find a cheaper pharmacy?

4
user comments
Posted by: Ladylife | 2004/04/17

More haste, less speed! Not a good mistake to make while discussing medications :-(

Correction please to a previous post!

Zyban, available locally to help stop smoking.

Wellbutrin, not available locally yet but same ingredients and used in many countries very successfully to treat particular forms of depression.

Generic version of Wellbutrin is called Bupropion and NOT Neurontin as I mistakenly wrote. Neurontin is an entirely different drug.

Important to be under regular physician care while taking this class of drugs for regular liver/blood tests.

Humble apologies!

Reply to Ladylife
Posted by: RUDOLPH FALCON | 2004/04/09

hi try dischem or hyperpharm link max. I HAD SMOKKED 90 TO 120 PER DAY AND yyyyyeeeessss!!!!! I AM A NON SMOKER FOR 24 DAYS.tHIS PILLS ARE SEND FROM HEAVEN.
GO BUY START YOUR PROGRAMM, AND REMEBER DRINK ENOUGH WATER DURING THE DAY.YOU CAN DO IT JUST START TO DO IT.

Reply to RUDOLPH FALCON
Posted by: shrink | 2004/04/08

Try Dischem - up to 30% discount for cash

Reply to shrink
Posted by: Ladylife | 2004/04/03

I would discuss with your surgeon the fact that you intend to take Zyban firstly Catherine as this is something which both he and the anaesthatist need to know. They might possibly recommend that you only start taking it once you are well enough again after your surgery.

It is a very expensive drug but is due, together with many other medications to be less expensive in the next few months.

Unfortunately South Africa only offers Zyban which is very expensive presently but overseas the generic version called NUROBION is just as good and equally effective where it is also being very popular for depressive conditions. There are a number of online pharmacy companies who will deliver to South Africa via 1 of the courier services. I would recommend ordering from a company who demands a Dr's prescription for Nurobion though so that you can make sure that they are a legitimate company who will deliver what you have ordered.

Working out present prices of Zyban versus Nurobion - you still end up paying less than if you purchase Zyban locally.

Ask your Dr to work out the equivalencies of Zyban versus Neurobion which also comes in various dosages. Wellbutrin which has the same chemical composition as both Neurobion and Zyban is also helping many people with depression but at the time of writing this, it has not appeared on the pharmacy shelves yet. Hopefully it will as it has helped many people who did not find that any of the present anti-depressants have been helping them.

It is NOT a drug which is for everyone as you need to take it under close supervision of your doctor or physician.

Right now though Catherine, I pretty much doubt whether you will get Zyban at a much cheaper rate anywhere. All you can do is shop around and perhaps find out the prices which some of the large, discount pharmacies give on drugs.

Reply to Ladylife

Want to comment?