Question
Posted by: Blanche | 2010-06-07

ZOPICLONE / MEMORY LOSS

I need to know if the sleeping pills I take is what''s causing my (more regularly occurring) memory loss.

I have been described Zopiclone 7.5 and Paxil as I was always angsty and I almost immediately felt a difference in my day-to-day (suffered terrible body pains for 4 days) existence. My quality of sleep improved, where before I could literally dream for hours on end. And it was always a tiring, exasperating kind of dream. I was on Zolpidem but had to start taking 2x 10mg instead of one as I couldn’ t fall asleep on 1 alone. Now I have the Zopiclone.

I stay om my own but I have noticed strange behaviour. The most recent incident was when I took one Zopiclone to go sleep, but at one stage I awoke and my mind was crystal clear, so I took another one. I then dreamt I still couldn’ t sleep and took more pills. (This was at 6pm) The next day I awoke at 2pm. Having no re-collection of those hours. I had drank a whole milk carton and 22 of my pills were missing. It was a new box I got that day. I am really worried. I also sent messages from my phone which I cannot explain (the spelling was impeccable, though) I feel really bad but I did not have control over this. I am still feeling the slumbering effects.

I did not have alcohol with the pills.

Please advise.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Yes it can cause memory problems - as can all the sleeping pills.

A sleeping tablet is OK for use once in a while. Once you are using it every night, or find that you need more and more, that is when you are heading for problems.

You need to see a sleep doctor to help you sleep without sleeping pills.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-06-08

Reply to Sleep expert