Posted by: Jane | 2011-09-18

Zopax \ Zopivane addiction

Hi Guys. A family member of mine is completely addicted to zopax and or zopivane tablets. Originally prescribed by a doctor, and unfortunately prescribed by more doctors has led to him becoming addicted. These in conjuntion with still pain tablets. Approximately 4 or more tablets (a combination of them) are taken. He passed out for hours during the day and says he can''t sleep at night without it. He has medical aid, but refuses to go to rehab. When my family keep him under supervision, he can''t take the tablets and gets seizures (fits). He went to a rehab once but after 7 days refused to stay in. What can we do to help? We''ve seen a shrink, tried sending him to rehab, but nothing works. He''ll die one of these days if nothing changes!!!!! I''m desperate for help. How can we get him committed against his will into a rehab or something??? Please help....

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear: Jane go to the senior prosecutor in you magisterial district who will take you through the provissions of the ACT pertaining to the commital of addicts adn the requirements

Hi Jane,my poor mother was addicted to this as well as the still pain for so many years.she went from dr. to dr. to pharmacy to pharmacy to feed her habit.she died of liver failure as a direct result of yrs of prescription abuse.I tried to get her into rehab but my father refused to bring her.i will never forgive him as she never drove a car so he took her where she needed to go regardless.I urge you not to sit back as i did because even though i cant forgive my father i cant forgive myself for not trying harder.these pills WILL KILL if you dont get help for the person.good luck to you and your family.its a tough road