Question
Posted by: deadtotheworld | 2011/05/30

Zombie

My BF and I fought, I cut myself, he saw it and left.
Hasn''t contacted me since.
Understandable on his part, but he wasn''t just a lover, he was a very good friend.
I''m bipolar and people are leaving me left, right and centre.
I''m understanding why there is a high suicide rate among bipolar people. I am dead to the world.
It seems people just want perfect friends - no hassles, no issues, no poblems. Again, understandable.
But I can''t do this alone. Live alone, be alone, cry alone,
I''m getting up and brushing my teeth and going to work and then on weekends I just die inside and out. It''s like living like a zombie.
I''m the living dead.
I do not have the guts to commit suicide because if I ever did it I would make it WORK, else you''re labelled an attention seeker - and I don''t want attention that way.
I''m on welbutrin which was working but now I''m alone and it doesn''t seem to be working anymore.

No human being can live this way.
How do I die effectively, or how do I live?

As you'll see from our many previous discussions of self-cutting, one very reliable effect of this behaviour is that it disturbs and alarms other people in a way that is never useful, and often leads to them wantin to withdraw.
Don't blame "people" for leaving you when you do such things ( and the accompanying emotional storms ) - that's natural human behaviour. But you can learn with therap to behave differently, and to achieve different results. Similarly, don't just blame yourself for unintended results of such behaviours - again, you can take control by changing the behaviours, and achieving results you find more agreeable.
Other people do NOT insist on only perfect friends - or none of them would have any friends at all. What they can't handle, is friends who are unpredictably very alarming in creating an emoptional tsunami which makes these other people feel scared, responsible, and incapable of handling it. Of course.
You need to discuss all of these issues in detail with a good psychiarist or psychologist who has the sense to recognize that while meds may be helpful, they are USELESS in such situation unless accompanied by therapy / counselling as well.

1