Posted by: B | 2009-08-27

I have a history of sleeping problems, mainly being a very light sleeper who cannot go back once woken - even the wind coming up will wake me. A while ago (2 months) I went through a praticularly bad phase and even battled falling asleep depite using Trepiline. My doctor gave me Zolpidem and my life has changed so much. I sleep for the first time in years and wake up refreshed. After two months they work as well as the very first night. I have read many posts where you advise against using sleeping tablets in the long run. I just cannot bear the thoughts of going back to my old pattern of waking all the time. What would you advise me.

PS: I already do all the natural things, like no caffiene, only sleep in my room, warm bath, milk, read etc

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I'm quite sure they wont do you any harm.
If they're working, go for it! If you find that one a day stops working for you, I would not be happy for you to increase the dosage, and then some other solution would need to be found.
The problem is that they often stop working after a while. But if they carry on working, that's great. Good luck!