Question
Posted by: Want to b mom to b | 2008/05/28

Zoloft & pregnancy

I need some advice, one dr says one thing and another dr says another thing. i am totally lost.
I have been on Zoloft (50g) per day for about 7 months now, for anxiety attacks. But my husband and i want to have a baby. Should i go off Zoloft and risk getting panic attacks again or can i stay on zoloft while pregnant.
Please let me know if Zoloft can hurt a baby at all??
I would appreciate that.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you stop taking Zoloft, as this will definately have an effect on your baby. An alternative is psycho therapy to help you cope with the panic/anxiety attacks. Exercise is a good way to alleviate anxiety. You should try and stay away from medication if you want to fall pregnant.

Kind regards