Posted by: mom2be | 2012-09-26

Hi doc, pls help me. I am lost... My gynea put me on prozac for anxiety, I am 19 weeks prgnant, however this isn''t working for me. I have been on zoloft for 3 years before my pregnancy, and it worked very well for me. Now I would like to go back onto zoloft, but not sure if its safe. My gynea doesn''t really know anti depressants and my normal dr says she wants to put me back on zoloft but I must 1st half my dose of prozac for a week and then let her know how I feel, she also wants to speak to my gynea first...
I am really stressed out as no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer. And I am struggling with my anxiety.
Can u give me some advice pls?

Zoloft is probably as safe as Prozac in pregnancy, though you should use caution with both of these later in pregnacy. Whenh changing from one antidepressant to another, this needs to be supervised by a doctor, preferably a psychiatrist, as you cannot just stop one and start the other.