Posted by: Lukas | 2009-03-23

Zol- Marijuana Causing memory loss

Do you think its the fact that i have been smoking weed for 12 years now on a daily basis, that i have become to stupid to remember one sentence, or could it be the fact that i did not study or read for 8 years.

I think it might be a factor of both, smoking too much zol, and also not using my brain for 8 years. Also, is it reversable? I stopped smoking the zol only 3 weeks ago. I am busy studying and remembering anything is extremely hard. Do you think it will get better?

Also, i have had concussions about 7 times now in my life. Doctors said i will die if it happens again, but that was back when i only had my 2nd concussion. Do you think this could have made me dumb as a brick, or be a contributing factor?

I should have sued all those idiots driving me off the road into walls and stuff.

Dear Lukas
"ScienceDaily (June 3, 2008) — Long-term, heavy cannabis use may be associated with structural abnormalities in areas of the brain known as the hippocampus and amygdala, according to a new article.The hippocampus, thought to regulate emotion and memory, and the amygdala, involved with fear and aggression, tended to be smaller in cannabis users than in controls (volume was reduced by an average of 12 percent in the hippocampus and 7.1 percent in the amygdala). "

So yes - it seems as if long term regular weed use causes memory problems.

Studies also showed that if you stop smoking weed, memory starts improving after about 1 month.

Concussions can cause permanent brain damage, depending on how bad it was, but I think your problem is most likely caused by the cannabis.