Posted by: bigmamma | 2009-04-06

Zits on bum

I was just wondering, my husband is 32years old, he smoke’ s and often enjoys a drink. My Q is… .
He has zits on his bum!!! Yes you heard me right. And in the beginning it wasn’ t a problem for him but now it starting to become one! He often gets a really big zit like BIG (pitsweer) sorry don’ t know the English word for that, so big that he cant sit. Can you please advise me to what were supposed to do about this or any suggestions are very welcome! Please help!!!

Dear Bigmamma
This is often caused by bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus. Let him exfoliate the area with a coarse exfoliating glove (you can find at Clicks), try Benzoylperoxide cream on the area preventatively ( Benzac) and put Bactroban antibiotic on any pimples that develop - close with a bandaid because it is contagious. Sometimes they need to use a course of antibiotics per mouth if local measures do not help. It may also help to use an antiseptic soap to bath with.