Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/05/03

Zimbabwean Workers

I have been working at a company who has employed people from Zimbabwe for the past 3 years. They refuse to give them a permanent contract even though these people are now legal to be in south africa. They will only give them a seasonal contract and send them home to zimbabwe for winter with no pay whatsoever. Is this right? can they do this? They also pay these workers weekly and not into their bank accounts so that they have no proof that they are working here. I would love to help these people. Please help.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Zimbabwean Workers

Should anyone of the Zimbawean workers contract not be renewed then they have a claim for expectaion of renewal. Unfortunatly the law at this stage doesn't entitle them to permancy.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: Zimbabwean Workers

Reply to Labour Lawyer