Posted by: Shannon | 2011-08-16

I''m a 37 year old female who was diagnosed with Hypertension Stage 2, 4 years ago. My GP prescribed Ziak 2.5 once a day. Everything was going well until 2 years ago, I developed an embarrassing bum itch which often leaves me raw. My doc prescribed Xyzol which helped with the symptoms but not completely and then she prescribed a heart med that I needed to crush in KY gel and apply directly to the site. Although this seemed to help it caused major migraines. A month ago I started to suspect that it might be related to the Ziak, so I stopped it. The problem has now completely disappeared but my BP is 160/105 and I have severe chest pains under my right breast. Is there a better med that will not cause these terrible debilitating symptoms?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Shannon.

It is very unlikely your itch was anything to do with Ziak: after all you had taken it for two years without problems, and what you describe does not sound at all like a drug-side effect.

As your blood pressure needs treatment again, and Ziak apparently controlled it, I would simply go back onto Ziak and make sure your BP is well controlled after you have been on it for 3-4 weeks. Your chest pain does not sound heart-related at all, and the headaches you got should no longer be a problem now that you no longer need medication for the itch.