Question
Posted by: T | 2011-01-26

Zero Period for over a year

2 years ago I constantly had a period for 4 months, I decided to go to a clinic and they put me on depo provera which stopped my period this was in April 2009, I then received the same treatment in July and October. I went again only end of Feb 2010 and have never been back.

Even though it has now been almost a year since my last injection I have still got no period which I am not complaining about however it does concern me.

1. What could the cause be why I have still not yet got my period back.

2. I also suffer from high blood pressure and therefore do not know if I can donate blood anymore with my condition.

T

It can take a year, sometimes 18 months for periods to come back after stopping the injection.
High blood pressure should not be a contraindication to donating blood , but check with the blood transfusion service.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-28