Posted by: Yuppie | 2009-04-08

Yuppie -flu

Hi Doc, Can you please advise as to the treatment for yuppie flu. I am constatnly tired and can hardly lift myself out of bed, de-motivated, swollen glands without any explantion etc. Is it caused by shortage of vitamines?

Dear Yuppie
Yuppie flu is not an easy diagnosis and is only made if all other possible causes of these symptoms are excluded by blood tests and proper examination. For instance you need to be tested for thyroid problems, hormone imbalances, low iron levels, certain viruses, allergies etc. It is also called fibromialgia
Your doctor should do the basic examination and blood tests and if he thinks it is fibromialgia you need to see a rheumatologist for treatment