Question
Posted by: jan swanepoel | 2009/10/13

Your opinion plse on ANTI WHEAT/DAIRY sentiments ( as appended)

I wrote a separate letter about this particular lady' s advice on eg OATS. In one of her other letters she recommends the ' damage control tips'  that follow.:
Here are my " Isabel Damage Control Tips" . ( ' ' damage as in ' eating forbidden foods,eg brownies)
1. Eliminate wheat and dairy for 2-3 days after the " incident" . I know what you' re thinking...." What does this girl have against wheat and dairy?"  Well for starters they are the 2 most inflammatory foods that cause bloating in most people. Not to mention when people overeat, it is usually on wheat and dairy foods: cookies, cakes, ice-cream, pasta, bread. Ever heard of anyone overdosing on brown rice? Or poultry? Doesn' t really happen. If it has wheat or dairy, just eliminate it from your meal plan until you are back on track with your healthy eating and rid of the " after party bloat" .

2. Drink tons of water! Of course, this rule is applicable all the time, but after a " binge"  water is even more important. I also like to add a few squeezes of fresh lemon in my water for the " detoxifying"  effects. Fresh lemon helps to cleanse the liver and a squeaky clean liver will assist in your weight loss efforts.

3. Add in some extra walking. If I' ve packed in one too many calories, I get my body moving even more. Just adding in an extra 20 minutes of walking for the next few days gets me feeling back on track. I have even taken a trip to the mall just to do laps around the place. I get to people watch, see what' s on sale, and burn calories all at the same time.
AND ALSO THIS...
1. Don' t eat anything that is white. Think about most foods that are white and chances are you shouldn' t be eating it. Specifically, I' m talking about white bread, pasta, sugar, white rice, and most milk products. Healthy foods like cauliflower, chicken, turkey, fish are all exceptions to this rule.

2. Only drink water, NOTHING else! How about coffee? Just to keep any possible withdrawal headaches at bay, one small cup of organic black coffee is ok. (Can you add half and half?...Well is it white?!! )

3. Don' t eat anything with the word wheat in the ingredients list. What if it' s whole wheat? Look, if the word starts with W and ends in T and has the letters h-e-a in between, you can' t eat it.

Dear Jan
Thank you for your contribution. Whoever Isabel is, it is evident that she is not trained in nutrition. There are no good or bad foods! The only advice I agree with is your suggestion that you do some extra exercise after indulging. But if you find that this works for you, that's fine by me!

3
Posted by: jan swanepoel | 2009/10/14

Dear DietDoc
What an eye-opener to receive a sensible answer in a nutshell. These really have not been ' trick' questions, but mainly to clear one' s mind. I have set myself a task that I know will benefit me greatly, and keep me from asking similar rather irrelevant questions, and that is to first read all the available articles( under Diet, is that right ?) by you,( and the team ?? )at Health24(DietDoc). I am new to this website and I should first seek orientation.
So down to the grindstone.
This with appreciation for the insights that you share so freely, and with such grace.
yrs etc Jan

Reply to jan swanepoel
Posted by: Johan | 2009/10/14

You do not what to eat wheat.
They advertise on TV lately, you need wheat and tell you to look out for the sign that show you that there is wheat in!

Reply to Johan

Dear Jan