Question
Posted by: Anri | 2012/01/18

your opinion

Hi Prof

I did write to you a view times an I realy would like your opinion.

I want to go to a fortuin teller...yes I know it sound silly. I feel so lost I don''t know where to turn to.

One of my friends went to this woman who told her stuff that is on the dot, before she even open her mouth.

Do you believe that there is people out there who can give a little bit of guidance, without me revieling to much about myself?

Your opinion is important to me.

I absolutely do not believe in fortune tellers, and there is absolutely no evidence that ANY of them EVER predict anything accurately or usefully. Some are VERY skilled at finding out about you before you arrive, or at guessing from your responses. They start with rather vague comments which could seem true to anyone, and then develop those based on how you respond. And of course people always remember when they seem accurate, and gladly forget when they are not.
And they have no qualifications or skills to give you guidance. Mainly, they tell you what you already know or suspect, and suggest that you do what you actually want to do. Quacks, every last one of them.
Maria is right, too. Rather see a good counsellor who can deal with genuine expertise with the real facts of your situation, rather than just skillful guessing, and help you to deal properly with whatever dilemmas are troubling you.
Romany's example is not convincin at all, though it obviously convinced her. I'd bet that Romany glanced up first when an aircraft went overhead, and the "fortune teller" noticed that and worked with it.
Almost none of the things we fear will actually happen, so its easy to tell someone that what they fear won't happen - it is very likely that this is exactly how it will turn out, without needing any ability whatever to tell the future.
Most FT's do charge ; some areclever enough to refuse payment at first, but once you are hooked and convinced, would become less reluctant to accept payment. Otherwise, how do they eat and live ?

9
Posted by: k | 2012/01/20

you''re all a bunch of idiots....no fortune teller has ever won the lotto duh!

Reply to k
Posted by: Anri | 2012/01/19

Thanks for your input, Romany. I will give it a thought. I guess I am just looking out for somebody who can convince me that everything will be okei.

Reply to Anri
Posted by: Romany | 2012/01/19

That was the first time I ever went to such a person. I also never went back to that particular lady as shortly afterwards my family and I moved to the Natal Midlands where we stayed between them mountains and the rivers, exactly the tipe of living I love !!.
She did say to me at the time that the events I am fearing will not happen and that she sees big stones and falling water in my future LOL, I assume that was the rivers and mountains?
No, she will not tell you about specific BAD things in your future. She may issue warnings about certain things to you that you can adhere or not.
Do not expect to get specific answers to questions you have. She may not even have anything to say about the questions you have in your head... just go with the flow. the whole thing might not even appeal to you.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Anri | 2012/01/19

Andrea the details is: Robynne 0126650832 Centurion area.

Romany, the one thing that is bugging me. You said THE FIRST time you went.... This means you''ve been there more than once. Why is that? That is one of the things that I am afraid for. What if one time is not enough?
Another thing that I am scared for. What if she really gave me bad news? I don''t think I can handle another setback.

Reply to Anri
Posted by: Romany | 2012/01/18

each to there own.
Just to elaborate....
I refer to " there were things about to happen in my life that scared the living daylights out of me" 
These include..... a contract that my husband ALREADY signed BINDING him to move to a very dangerous area in Africa, without us, his family.
Anri, I say go, and decide for yourself.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Romany | 2012/01/18

Without a doubt. These people come as far as the Bible times.
No need to base your entire existance on what they say, but yes, it is a good experience and you may have 20 questions in your mind and receive only one answer.
I remember the first time I went. I dropped my husband off at the airport and drove to the " fortune teller''s" house.
The first thing she did was look up in the air when the plane went overhead and she said: " I think your husband is going somewhere with that airplane" .
I was very confused at the time and things there were things about to happen in my life that scaredthe living daylights out of me. I tld her nothing of these, but she assured me that not one of the things I feared for would materialise (And it did not).
Funny thing... I remember offering her money and she refused to accept it. She did ask me for one cigarette. i wanted to give her the paket, but she refused.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Maria | 2012/01/18

I think there are people out there who are incredibly good at picking up information about you by looking at your body language, how you dress, how you speak, your reaction to what they say etc. They tell you stuff that is quite generic if you really think carefully about it, coloured in with information they get from you, even when you think you''re not telling them anything. And what they are really, really good at is taking your money without taking any responsibility for your response to whatever they told you.

Rather spend your money on seeing a good counsellor who can help you clarify what you want out of life and how you are going to get it, and grow as a person.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Andrea | 2012/01/18

Hi Anri - i would also really like to go to one. Not sure which one though. I am in the Gaugent region. Is it possible to provide the details of the fortune teller. Many thanks

Reply to Andrea