Question
Posted by: Ani | 2009/10/30

Your Legal Rights

But nothing is said here about our legal rights. Who do we approach when we have neighbours who shout at 1:00am or leave their dogs alone at home who howl for hours?

tks so much

Ani

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

You have every right to call the police, for one, because disturbing noise at 1am is an illegal activity. But to actually solve the problem in the long term you will need to contact your local municipal authority. Also try speaking to other neighbours who may be affected, and let the offending party know you're unhappy - a lot of people are blindly unaware that they're causing a problem.

2
Posted by: allan naidoo | 2009/10/30

I have a couple living above me on a upper level, complex, they use a wooden chair at the computer, everytime they get up and get back to the computer, they push back or drag the wooden chair and this makes an unbearable noise, have approached them numerous times about this, suggested putting a piece of carpet under the chair, they are arrogant and stated " this is my home, I dont know what the problem is" . This is during the day and during the night which disturbs our sleep, What are my rights please, thank you

Reply to allan naidoo
Posted by: allan naidoo | 2009/10/30

Reply to allan naidoo