Question
Posted by: Gerhard | 2008/07/10

Your Input will be appreciated

Profile: Male 70yrs: On 29.03.08, I had the following tests done:[ results]

Urea & Electrolytes Estimated GFR 37 Flag Ref. Range L 56-104ml/min
Lipid Studies
> Total Cholestrol 4.7 ditto 3.5- 5.2mmol/1
> HDL Cholestrol 1.2 ditto O.9-1.6mmol/1
> LDL Cholestrol 3.0 ditto 2.6- 4.1mmol/1
> Comment: A total serum cholesterol of < 5.2 mmol/l is classified as “DESIRABLE” The HDL cholesterol is = or > O.9 mmol/l, thus no further action is required. Repeat within five years. [ Before the test I was using Lescol 40mg one a day for about 10years.The doctor then change the medication to 10mg Aspavor per day. My med.aid.refused this medication due to Framingham risk calculations. Is this OK?

Potassium 5.1 ;Urea 11.8; Urate 0.18; Creatinine 170 ; Fasting Glucose 4.7; Prostate Antigen 4.1;
Free PSA 1.0; Free PSA Ratio 24.

At the time I got the above the doctor told me he is happy except for my kidneys that is very dry.

I am worry about the areas which I marked in red.

I am presently on the following medication: Puricos 300mg ; Ecotrin 81mg ECT and Zetomax 20mg tab. My B/P is under control. Never been sick.

Your input will be appreciated.

Giepie.

Hallo Giepie
Your cholesterol and lipid studies are within normal limits and current medication is then working fine.
PSA and free PSA ratio is borderline normal and should be followed up after a few months to see if it stays the same or is in the process of going up.
Fasting glucose is normal. You may have signs that your kidneys are not working optimally and this should be followed up after a month or two, if it deteriorates your doctor may need to send you to a physician for further testing.

2
Posted by: Giepie | 2008/07/11

Reply to Giepie
Posted by: Giepie | 2008/07/11

Thank you very much.
Giepie

Reply to Giepie