Question
Posted by: be | 2011/10/13

your diabetic rage patient...

hi again diet doc. sorry for not replying to you last time when u asked me to get professional help for my diabulimia and other troubles. i can''t get professional help for many reasons. 1) i have no money. 2) i can''t let my secret out. 3) my husband would divorce me and i would lose my child. 4) i still cant stop eating all the time.
i would like to ask you if you know anything about pancreas transplants? i have read abit about it but there is not much info. how could i go about getting one? i know all my problems would be over if i didn''t have diabetes. the only reason i eat so much is because i am so incredibly angry about having diabetes and i know i am not supposed to eat all these bad things, but i do it just to get back at diabetes if u know what i mean? sometimes, even if i dont want to, i will eat a few spoons of sugar just because i know i shouldnt. i am crazy and have lost my mind, i know.... i need this to stop :(

Dear Be
Stop feeling so angry about your diabetes and stop eating all the wrong foods. If you don't have money to get the assistance I have repeatedly suggested to you, then make an appointment at one of the teaching hospitals if you live in Cape Town, Durban, Joburg, etc. They should have an eating disorder clinic or a psychiatric division where you can get some help. If you don't get help, you will get so sick that your secret will become know and you may even lose your child if you develop ketoacidosis and die. Now that is so scary that it should make you do something positive about your situation.
No more excuses

1

Dear Be
No more excuses