Question
Posted by: cancer victim | 2011/02/09

young and diagnosed with cervix cancer

hi

I have been diagnosed with cervix cancer,I lived with agonizing pain until I went through radiation and chemotherapy, now my pains are extreme,I have seen my Gynae today he just inserted his fingers into my vagina then he informed me I can never receive treatment as it has spread and prescribed pain pills,morphine tablets and syrup,lacson syrup for constipation.my question is do i believe what he is saying by just examining me by fingers or seek help at a private hospital gynae.

It is possible to tell from a vaginal examination what the extent of cervix cancer is. Also if you have already had chemotherapy and radiotherapy, there is a limit to how much you can have and you may have had your full quota. If you have been seen by the Oncology gynaecologist, then I'm sure you can trust the assessment.

2

Posted by: Michelle | 2011/02/10

Go get a 2nd opinion.

Reply to Michelle