Question
Posted by: Jordan | 2009-08-18

You mag

Has anyone read the article in YOU mag about the woman who stabbed her 4 week old baby, ate 3 toes, then decapitated her baby and ate his brain because she was suffering from PPD or something like that. Personally, giving birth to my two boys was the best days of life. Although now that the eldest is 18, I wish I had eaten him. Can this type of depression lead to something so traumatic. I' ve been depressed before, and I' m on anti-deps but this story is so hectic.

I haven't seen this article, so can't comment on the specific case --- it sounds like a lurid piece of writing and unhelpful at that. Post-Natal Depression can be severe, and severe depression can become psychotic in degree, with the person losing contact with reality and developing odd delusions. But whatver the circumstances, Eating People is Wrong.

1
Posted by: Really | 2009-08-18

Eeuuuuuh.... did you have to be so specific.... this information is so sensitive .. it makes me feel like I just saw a short horror movie with a gun held to my head!!!!!

Depression can make some people do all sorts of weird and terrifying things...

Please don' t eat your son... please seek some help.

All the best

Reply to Really