Question
Posted by: WR | 2008-12-11

Yorkie

Yes yes, believe it or not... after years of only having and loving my big GSDs - it happened! I fell for a Yorkie - actually a rescue type situation but nevermind.

Now, since it' s been nearly 10 years since I' ve last had a small dog. Any tips that I should remember - or think about again...?
About 7 months old, and seemingly in perfect health - vacs up to date, de-wormed etc.
Of course she' ll be micro-chipped etc ASAP! Wish me luck! haha!

Dear WR

I think a good Yorkie book will be good enough reading for you. Enjoy.

4
Posted by: Chill | 2008-12-12

Oh no - never thought of that - would if help if you fillet them?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: WR | 2008-12-11

Haha - yes yes I know!
Luckily they (the GSDs) are very well versed in the socialization dept - every Sat dog club and a few pups.
Today was the big shopping spree - bedding,  eash, collar, food etc etc.
All seems well - will play this by ear I guess!

Chill - I' m more worried about the GSDs - you know the old story how the small dogs kill the big dogs......... get stuck in their throats!!! haha!  -)

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2008-12-11

Good grief, WR, you traitor!

Jokes aside - good luck with the new pup - my biggest tip is to keep those Shepherds well fed so they don' t eat the new addition as a snack!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Michelle | 2008-12-11

I have a yorkie and she is the cutest thing. She will be 2 in February. You won' t be dissapointed for taking her in. It is hard work to get them house trained, but I will do it again and again. Just be patient....

Reply to Michelle