Question
Posted by: Ben | 2010/02/09

Yohimbine in sport supplements

I orderd supplements from the u.s containing yohimbine and it got confiscated at customs.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Dear Shivas,

Yohimbine is often used by some athletes to facilitate fat loss, although there is no scientific evidence supporting the use thereof for this reason. Yohimbine is a herbal product used in over-the-counter dietary supplements. As far as I know it is not illegal, but can have some significant side effects like an increased heart rate, high blood pressure and insomnia. It is definitely not advised to use this product. If you want to lose weight it is important to make the necessary lifestyle changes, i.e. healthy diet and increased physical activity.

Perhaps you should check the supplement for other illegal substances which might be the reason they confiscated it at customs.

Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Sunita

1
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010/02/12

Dear Shivas,

Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Sunita

Reply to Sports Nutrition