Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2009-02-13

Yoghurt

does the yoghurt thing really work? The one where you take yoghurt (obviously unsweetend and no added colourants), soak it in a tampon and leave it in for a few hours?

For thrush? yes it does work. It has to be yoghurt with live cultures though.

6
Posted by: Nizza | 2009-02-13

Yes it works, but it has to be natural yoghurt

Reply to Nizza
Posted by: CE | 2009-02-13

Many years ago i had discomfort and itching ' down there' .
I heard about that remedy, so i tried it. I used plain, natural yoghurt, soaked a tampon in it and inserted the tampon.
At first it was cold, then it started burning slightly. I didn' t leave the tampon in for too long cos it seemed to irritate the itchiness even more. I removed it and cleaned myself up immediately.
I wouldn' t say it had any beneficial affect, so i never did it again. I' m not sure if its a myth or a fact, but maybe GynaeDoc can assist with more detailed information.
CE

Reply to CE
Posted by: Rix | 2009-02-13

I know it is a thrush remedy - and that actually does work.

Reply to Rix
Posted by: Belinda | 2009-02-13

Apparently it works well to help if you are itchy or irritated- like it restores your pro-biotic balance.

Reply to Belinda
Posted by: Lauren | 2009-02-13

what does is do??

Reply to Lauren
Posted by: Dazza | 2009-02-13

Hi Belinda,
For what reasons?

Reply to Dazza